The processing of visitor’s personal data is carried out in compliance with the provisions of the Personal Data (Protection of Individuals) Law of 2001 to 2012, as amended from time to time.
When do we keep your personal data?
The current website of the Cyprus Digital Skills and Jobs Coalition (DiSkiJO) collects personal data in the following circumstances:
- when you become a member
What personal data do we collect?
The personal data collected, depending on the case, may be:
- organization name;
- postal code;
- organization sector;
- organization’s representative info (name, surname, email, position, contact number).
How long is your data stored?
Some or all of the above data is maintained in the system of the Cyprus DiSkiJO, for an unspecified period of time, unless users request their deletion.
Who has access to your personal data?
Your personal data is available only to the authorised personnel of the Cyprus DiSkiJO and to authorised associates who maintain Cyprus DiSkiJO’s systems, unless a legal obligation arises to notify them to other government authorities or third parties. In such cases, users will be informed accordingly.
How can you change your personal data?
By sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transition to a non-Cyprus DiSkiJO page
In some cases, when visiting Cyprus DiSkiJO website cookies may be used. This is useful for the website to “remember” some of your choices and to maintain them when you revisit, for your own convenience. Additionally, cookies are used for the operation of Google Analytics, which is analysed below.
You may deactivate or clear the cookies from your computer, by adjusting accordingly the web browser you are using.
Matomo, formerly Piwik, is a free and open-source web analytics application developed by a team of international developers, that runs on a PHP/MySQL webserver. It tracks online visits to one or more websites and displays reports on these visits for analysis.
Matomo ensures the privacy of the users and analytics data. The data are controlled from the owner of the platform and nobody else does control the data. The data is stored in our own MySQL database, and logs or report data will never be sent to other servers by Matomo.
Matomo will by default track the following information:
- User IP address (see also: IP anonymisation)
By default, IP Anonymisation is enabled in Matomo. This means Matomo stores in the database each new visitor IP address (ipv4 or ipv6 format) with the last components removed to protect user’s privacy. IP anonymisation is a good way to protect users with static IP address as otherwise their browsing history would be easily tracked across several days and even across websites tracked within the same Matomo server.
- Optional User ID
- Date and time of the request
- Title of the page being viewed (Page Title)
- URL of the page being viewed (Page URL)
- URL of the page that was viewed prior to the current page (Referrer URL)
- Screen resolution being used
- Time in local user’s timezone
- Files that were clicked and downloaded (Download)
- Links to an outside domain that were clicked (Outlink)
- Pages generation time (the time it takes for webpages to be generated by the webserver and then downloaded by the user: Page speed)
- Location of the user: country, region, city, approximate latitude and longitude (Geolocation)
- Main Language of the browser being used (Accept-Language header)
- User Agent of the browser being used (User-Agent header)
From the User-Agent, we use our Universal Device Detection library to detect the browser, operating system, device used (desktop, tablet, mobile, tv, cars, console, etc.), brand and model.
Some information is also stored in first party cookies and then collected by Matomo:
- Random unique Visitor ID
- Time of the first visit for this user
- Time of the previous visit for this user
- Number of visits for this user
If you have any queries or need any clarifications: