The Chamber of Commerce of Luxembourg is a public institution, which brings together all businesses in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, apart from those in the agriculture and manufacturing sectors. Affiliation with the Luxembourgish Chamber of Commerce is mandatory for all commercial companies, small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) as well as foreign businesses, operating on the territory of the country. This includes:
- Entities, which conduct trade and other commercial activities;
- Financial holding companies;
- Industries and sectoral representatives;
- Insurance companies;
- Hotels, cafés and catering businesses.
The Chamber of Commerce looks after the interests of Luxembourg businesses and is responsible for:
- Promoting national economic interests – abroad and within the country’s borders.
- Acting as an independent spokesperson for the market economy and a critical partner in the field of national, European and international policies;
- Making targeted interventions in relevant legislative procedures;
- Providing services to businesses and to the public.