The European Forum of Technical and Vocational Education and Training (EfVET) is a unique European-wide professional association which has been created by and for providers of technical and vocational education and training (TVET) in all European countries. Its mission is to champion and enrich technical and vocational education and training through transnational cooperation and building a pan-European network of institutions that could lead European VET policies.
EfVET mission is to enhance VET provision across all members through an active networking of all the key actors. To create the capacity to influence policy at European and National level.
The principal aim of EFVET is to provide a transnational framework to support all co-operative actions aimed at enhancing and improving technical and vocational education and training; in particular:
- to facilitate networking and partnership
- to stimulate the creation of co-operative projects and thematic networks
- to enable widescale promotion and dissemination of innovative measures and transnational projects
- to provide technical support and advice to its members and help them access E.C. programmes
- to act as an agent for collaborative projects with TVET (technical and vocational education and training) organisations in outside Europe
- to represent the views of its members’ issues in the European public forum and provide a platform for the European Commission and others to consult