Deputy Ministry of Research, Innovation and Digital Policy of Cyprus is responsible for developing and implementing a national digital policy and strategy in Cyprus and for participating in forming a suitable regulatory framework, at European and international level, for the development of digital policy . Ministry is the coordinator of National Digital Skills Coalition in Cyprus.
Cyprus to become a dynamic and competitive economy, driven by research, scientific excellence, innovation, technological development and entrepreneurship, and a regional hub in these fundamental areas.
By supporting scientific research, investing in innovative entrepreneurship and implementing an ambitious digital transformation reform, the Deputy Ministry aspires to develop a modern and efficient state, competitive at European and international level, and a dynamic digital economy, where every citizen and every business will be able to grow and prosper.
- To develop and implement a national digital policy and strategy and to participate in forming a suitable regulatory framework, at European and international level, for the development of digital policy
- To develop, coordinate and implement the national strategy for research and innovation and to supervise the operation of the National Governance System for Research and Innovation
- To specialise and implement policies in Information and Communication Technologies and e-government in the public service
- To design and coordinate the implementation of a national broadband plan
- Political guidance and supervision of the Research and Innovation Foundation