Culture Information Systems Centre (CISC) operates under the supervision of the Ministry of Culture of Latvia. The objective of the Centre is to provide access to information resources and cultural heritage stored in archives, museums and libraries.
Centre implements national and international ICT, training and public access projects and programs to enable free and equal access to information, resources and cultural heritage stored in libraries, archives, museums and other cultural institutions.
Significant projects implemented by CISC:
- State Unified Library Information Network,
- Public library development project ‘Father’s Third Son’,
- Joint Catalogue of the National Holdings of Museums,
- Unified State Archives Information System,
- Cultural Map,
- Latvian state administration language technology platform Hugo.lv, and others.
Centre have significant experience in establishing and maintaining partnership with different institutions from governmental, non-governmental and private sector.