ECYTE and the Digital Innovation Hub for Digital Governance – GR digiGOV Innohub – are organising an event on “eID systems and the eIDAS Regulation” to be held on Thursday 15 June 2023 from 16: 00 to 17: 30.
The online presentation will concern EU Regulation 910/2014, also known as eIDAS (Electronic Identification, Certification and Trust Services) and will focus on the e-identification and e-ID part of the Regulation.
It will analyse both the adoption of electronic identity systems by Member States, the proposal to revise the Regulation (eIDAS 2.0) and the introduction of EU Digital (EUDI) Wallet for identity management by European citizens.
Thursday 15.06.23 | 16: 00 – 17: 30
(Link to videoconferencing will be sent after registration)
Panagiotis Rizomyliotis Panagiotis Rizomyliotis is an associate professor at the Pliroforiki and Telematics Department of the Harokopiou University of Athens. Active in IT Security and Cryptography, working as an external cryptographic expert for the European Union Agency for Cybersecurity (ENISA). He
has served for 7 years as a member of the plenary of the Independent Authority for the Safeguarding of Communications Secure (ADAE).
- Welcome address – Spyros Kapetanakis | Head of Department for Inclusiveness and Open Actions, Directorate for Digital Governance, EDYTE.
- Presentation – Dr. Panagiotis Rizomyliotis | Alternate Professor at the Department of Pliroforiki and Telematics at the Chararokopiou University of Athens (EDYTE)
- Introduction to the eIDAS Regulation.
- EID systems according to eIDAS and their role in the eIDAS node.
- Which eID systems compatible with eIDAS have been adopted in the European Union and what is the situation in Greece
- The revision of the Regulation (eIDAS 2.0), the adoption of the electronic wallet by Member States and the objective of self-sovereign identification (SSI).
- The next steps for Greece – Angeliki Batou |, Head of the Directorate for e-Governance, Directorate-General for
- Questions – Discussion
Up to 90 minutes
© GR digiGOV Innohub