Following the publication of the fourth round of calls for proposals under the DIGITAL Europe 2023-24 Work Programme, the European Health and Digital Executive Agency (HaDEA) is organising a virtual info session on the 2nd of June 2023 from 10:30 to 12:00 CEST for stakeholders who are interested in the programme and calls.
Are you a higher education institution, a research and excellence centre or an innovative business developing digital technologies? During the event, you will have the opportunity to know everything about the two open calls and the possibility to ask any relevant questions that will be addressed in the Q&A sessions!
About the 4th wave of Calls for Proposals
Currently, only 54% of Europeans have basic digital skills and there are around 9 million ICT specialists in the EU, far from the objectives the European Commission has set for 2030. Furthermore, only 1 out of 5 ICT specialists and ICT graduates are women. To fill the significant shortage of sector specialists using advanced digital technologies and ICT specialists, for instance in the semiconductors sector, it is necessary to increase the pool of pupils, in particular girls, who would ultimately be interested in studying STEM and ICT and/or embarking on a digital career.
To address these challenges, the fourth round of DIGITAL Europe Programme has now been published, with a total budget of 16 million euro that will be divided in two Open Calls:
- The first call aims to Reinforce skills in semiconductors: the main aim of this call will be to define a platform among Vocational and Educational Training (VET) centres and to develop a European Semiconductors Skills Academy: a European network of higher education institutions and relevant industries, including start-ups and SMEs in microelectronics, to address the shortage of semiconductors specialists
- The second call aims to Boost Digital Skills of young pupils, in particular girls: the aim of this call is to pilot actions to increase the number of students pursuing digital studies and careers, with a special focus on increasing participation of girls. The call will support joint actions between leading technical higher education institutions, businesses and schools to promote digital studies.
The submission of applications for this call is now open and will close on 26 September 2023. You will find more information on how to apply for the call in the Funding & Tender Portal.
Are you looking for partners?
On the European Digital Skills & Jobs Platform you can join the Partner for Digital Skills Networking Group, where you will find a dedicated thread of discussion on this specific set of calls for proposals.
There are 4 easy steps to find partners:
- Register and login to the Platform via your EU Login account.
- Present yourself and your organisation in a comment on the dedicated Discussion Thread.
- Message other group members via Private Messaging and invite them to partner.
Thank you for participating in the Info Day!
Check out all the slides presented during the event, please access them here: Master Slides
Missed something? Access the recording here on the DigitalEU Youtube channel!