Open call for topic experts – Digital Skills & Jobs Platform
The Digital Skills and Jobs Platform is looking for topic experts in the area of digital technologies and skills to research, draft, and write papers in the area of digital technologies and skills (“Digital Briefs”). Each brief is presented in the form of a deep-dive: a longer, in-depth article on a core, relevant topic around digital skills and jobs, following the approach of an academic paper, in a user-friendly format (word range: 2,000-3,000 words). Length of the article content: 2,000–3,000 words
Deadline for applications is 23:59 on 11 February 2024.
Compensation: a lump sum of 1,000 Euro (excluding VAT) will be paid to the selected and contracted expert.
The experts selected shall have substantial experience in the topics they apply for, a background including research and analysis activities, and specific experience in writing such materials. They should be based in Europe (EEA) and their context of work should be the European context. A good knowledge of English (the language the papers will be drafted and published), is essential. Experts should be reachable during standard office hours in Europe. The content development work should be delivered between February and June, with the exact timeline confirmed with each expert.
All topics should be tackled from the prism/perspective of digital skills and jobs. The exact scope and final titles will be elaborated in discussion with the expert.
- Digital inclusion across demographics: what are the challenges faced by different demographics (such as women over 40), and older people in general in acquiring digital skills, and how can we mitigate them?
- Algorithms and disinformation: how do algorithms work, and how are they used to disseminate false information online? (across contexts but focusing on social media).
- Changing skills landscape considering the twin digital and green transition: fostering resilience and new skillsets in a rapidly evolving world.
- Attracting and retaining ICT specialists (e.g. strategies for attracting and retaining talent in the tech sector, challenges faced by companies in recruiting and getting digital experts to stay on board).
- Access to public digital services: mitigating key issues for the most vulnerable (people with disabilities, older people, societal groups left behind the digital transformation).
- Safeguarding fundamental rights in the Digital Decade (strategies to endure digital technologies respect core EU values – rights, freedom and democracy, latest EU legislation).
- Ethics in AI: a high-stake game, but at what cost? (exploration of the role of ethics in AI development, deployment, and design)
About the Digital Skills & Jobs Platform
The Digital Skills and Jobs Platform is dedicated to everyone. Here, you can find the latest news, events, and training opportunities (from basic to advanced). Up-to-date insights are offered in an accessible way to new users, while more experienced professionals can benefit from targeted content, relevant to their interests, or field of competence. The Platform is also home to the DSJP Community, with over 10.000 stakeholders from all over Europe already on board.
Please read the full text of the call and send us your application, if we have sparked your interest! Deadline: 11 February 2024.